Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Something to Note-The underrated Bouncing Ball

For a few weeks now, In the morning, everyday now. Before I get into animating what current project I'm doing at the time.

I sit down and animate a Bouncing Ball, yup, that's right. The most useful thing to actually practice your animation teeth on. I take about an hour to do a 70 to about 200 frame, Bouncing Ball.

It is good, it short enough to keep up the interest, it breaks up the day by introducing something new, and you can do anything you like with it.

And for the people who are actually tired of working with a boring ball, what about one with a tail? Click hereOr if you want to throw facial animation into the mix? Click here


And who says that bouncing balls can't be cool?
Obviously hasn't seen this animation from Cameron Miyasaki. Click here to view it.

And lastly some of the examples of Bouncing Balls, from yours truly.
I hope you enjoy them. :)





1 comment:

Frank said...

Hey Cass. This is inspiring stuff. I totally agree. Every animator should start the day with a bounce. Have you tried Ian's new ball rig from the ARC?

Blog Archive